Corona Management Systems is recruiting for a Health Economics Specialist to join our team, working out of Enugu State, Nigeria. The holder of this position will develop the organization’s capacity to support policy costing using the one-health tool, support costing of improved and new delivery strategies and interventions towards strong and resilient health systems, and contribute to cost-effectiveness analysis of interventions to strengthen the capacity to track Value for Money (VfM) across projects and the programs and systems that we support. The post-holder will also focus on supporting the design and leading the implementation of economic evaluations to inform policies, decision-making, and resource allocation. The post-holder will also provide technical assistance to Ministries of Health and other partners and contribute to the evaluation of the benefits of new or proposed health policies. The post-holder will be actively involved in organizational activities such as working groups, business areas, and communities of practice. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in health economics, excellent analytical and research skills, and the ability to communicate complex economic concepts effectively.
- Conduct economic evaluations and analyses of public health interventions, treatments, and programmes.
- Develop and/or adapt economic models to assess the value and impact of public health intervention.
- Identify and collect relevant economic data from various sources, including literature reviews and databases.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including clinicians, researchers, and policymakers, to provide economic insights and recommendations.
- Prepare reports, presentations, and publications summarising research findings from costing studies and economic evaluations.
- Provide guidance and support for the design of health economics-related projects.
- A degree in economics, medical or health sciences, public health, mathematics, statistics, or other relevant area in development.
- A postgraduate qualification in health economics.
- Significant experience in undertaking costing exercises and economic evaluations.
- Experience building health economic models from scratch e.g., cost-effectiveness, budget impact, and Markov models.
- Experience in using decision analysis methods and software.
- Proficiency in the use of the One-Health costing Tool.
- Proficiency in statistical software packages (e.g., R, Stata, SAS) and economic modeling software (e.g., TreeAge, Excel-based modeling).
- Experience in developing the technical capabilities of colleagues through coaching, mentoring, training, or line management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team; and
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Extensive experience working in a global or international organization, at mid-level and with high performance.
- Substantial experience working in a technical support capacity with Ministries of Health, international agencies, and non-governmental organizations.
- Demonstratable experience in proposal or bid writing, with recent experience of successful submissions.
- Demonstrable experience in influencing policy and practice at national, sub-national, or global levels; and
- Experience conducting systematic literature reviews.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including Health Insurance, Pensions, and 21 leave days per annum.
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge research projects.
- Chance to make a real difference in the health of the population.